Amb. Hany Moawad
Assistant Foreign Minister for International Cooperation for Development
– Name: Hany SELIM LABIB
– Date of Birth: 17th July 1963.
- BA, Political Sciences, Faculty of Economics and Political Sciences, Cairo University
- MA, Political Sciences, Faculty of Economics and Political Sciences, Cairo University
- D. International Economic Relations, Faculty of Law and Social Sciences, University of Freibourg, Switzerland, 1992.
Pre Foreign Office Professional History:
- Researcher at the “National Center for Social and Criminological Research”, Cairo, 1984-1986.
- Researcher at the “Arab Regional Center for Research and Documentation in Social Sciences (Arab UNESCO), Cairo, 1985-1986.
Diplomatic Career (At home):
- Egyptian Diplomatic Institute, 1986-1987.
- Economic Research Officer, Cabinet of the Assistant Foreign Minister for Economic Affairs, 1987-1988.
- Desk Officer for: European Community, UK, Italy and France, European Union Department, 1993-1994.
- Director of the Cabinet of the Assistant Foreign Minister for the Americas, 1999-2000.
- Director of the United Nations Affairs Department.
- Egypt’s Focal Point officer for Peace keeping Operations Affairs with the UN and the AU, 2004-2006.
- Deputy Assistant Foreign Minister for East Asia Affairs (in charge of relations with: China, Japan, ROK, DPRK, Mongolia) 2010-2013.
- Assistant Foreign Minister for International Cooperation for Development, 2018-…
Diplomatic Career (Abroad):
- Attache; Embassy of Egypt in Bern, Switzerland, (1988-1992).
- DCM, Embassy of Egypt in Buenos Aires , Argentina. 1994-1999.
- Humanitarian Affairs officer at the Permanent Mission of Egypt to the UN in Geneva, 2000-2004.
- DCM, Embassy of Egypt in Beijing (PRC), 2006-2010.
- Ambassador of Egypt to the ROK, 2013-2017
- Rapporteur of the Preparatory 6 party Meetings to establish the Northern League of the African Peace Making Stand –by Force, Tripoli, Libya, 2005-2006.
- Member of the “International Law of Refugees Committee” at the “San – Remo Institute for Humanitarian Law” (Italy).
- Member of the “Advisory Board on International Migration” of the United Nations International Migration Program.
- Visiting Lecturer at the Geneva Center for Security Policy (GCSP).
- Visiting lecturer at Cairo University.
International Training Courses:
- The Salzburg Seminar, Strasbourg, Austria, 1993.
- The USA International Visitors Program (IVP) Washington DC, Saint Lewis, New York, San Diego,
- United Nations Peace- Keeping Capacity Building workshop, Cairo, 2005.
- KOIKA Diplomatic Exchange Program, Seoul, October 2012.