Asaad is a graduate of the University of Houston in Texas in Computer Science and Information Technology and Harvard Business School in Advanced Management (AMP191). After working for fifteen years in the US in information technology & financial services in companies like American International Group (AIG), etc., Asaad returned back to Egypt and joined Raya Holding in 2005.
In a few years, she held a number of multifaceted positions in Raya Holding as IT Director; responsible for group corporate strategy, including Infrastructure and Solutions Investments ; Corporate Communications Director – Raya Holding heading the Investor Relations, Marketing and Corporate Communications departments ; Corporate Secretary of Raya Holding Board of Directors; and Chair of the CSR committee of Raya Group.
Asaad was promoted to the position of CEO of Raya Data Center. Asaad’s leadership took Raya Data Center from a division within Raya Corporation to a full line of business making Raya Data Center one of the leading colocation and data center service provider in Egypt. Asaad was instrumental in the commercialization of the data center by determining the “go to market” service model, market positioning and sales strategies. Asaad is currently the CEO of Raya Contact Center, a world-class Business Process Outsourcing (“BPO”) Service Provider offering contact center services, back office services, and professional services, to global fortune 1,000 companies in Europe, Middle East & Africa in 25 different languages. Raya Contact Center serves its clients from eight contact center facilities across three continents from Egypt, Poland, and UAE.
Asaad is a part of the new generation rebuilding and redefining Egypt. She was ranked #38 & 15 in Forbes Middle East as one of the top 100 most powerful Arabic Businesswomen in 2016-2017 & The Middle East’s Most Influential Women 2018. She has been called upon to represent Egypt at the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2012; GRI Global Conference in Amsterdam, Holland in 2010; and at the United Nations Global Compact in New York, US in 2008. She has an extensive network of leadership in Egyptian economic associations and is currently Co-Chair of the
American Chamber of Commerce ICT committee and the Chair of the Telecom Division of (Eitesal) – Egyptian Information, Telecommunications, Electronics, and Software Alliance. She is a Steering Committee Member in (EBNI) Eitesal Business Nurturing Initiative (IOT Incubator)
Below is the list of membership in different associations:
- A Founder and Board Member of Egyptian Investor Relations Association (EIRA)
- Co-Chairwoman of the American Chamber of Commerce ICT Core Committee
- Member of the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the British Egyptian Business Association (BEBA)
- Member of the German-Arab Chamber of Industry and Commerce (GACIC)
- Member of the Global Compact Network Egypt (GCNE) (Steering Committee Member)
- A Founder & Board Member in The Egyptian Directors & Governance Association (EDGA)
- Member of the Chamber of Information Technology (CIT)
- Member of the Egyptian Junior Business Association (EJB)
- Frequent Lecturer at the Egyptian Institute of Directors (EIoD) in Corporate Governance
- Board Member in (EITESAL) Egyptian Information, Telecommunications, Electronics, and Software Alliance
- Steering Committee Member in (EBNI) Eitesal Business Nurturing Initiative (Accelerator/Incubator)